Senior Data Engineer (BB-6091D)
Found in: Neuvoo DK
Do you get a kick out of designing and implementing full scale cloud based data pipelines in a team?Then take this opportunity to become a key member of a great team operating in the center of the data driven decision agenda in the LEGO Group.
Key responsibilities in the role:• Design, implement, monitor and support scalable data products e.g. Recommender Systems in our cloud environment
• Participate in the architecture, design, implementation, unit, integration and system test phases to ensure modularity, reusability and quality of components
• Utilizing and implementing the right technology and frameworks based on the architecture and requirements
• Coaching the more junior engineers in the team and being a sparring partner and key adviser for the team.
• Run “trial-and-error” solutions, rebuilding architecture as components evolve and opportunities develop
• Ensure that necessary documentation is created, completed and compliant
Play your part in our team succeeding!The department is a function within Engagement Technology & Analytics and is focused on designing, building and maintaining data products. We are creating solutions for all areas of the LEGO Group and have full-stack responsibility of the solutions we create. There is a close relationship with the data science and data-management teams and we are working to enable the data driven decision agenda in the LEGO Group. Thus, a broad mindset on cross-organizational alignment is necessary.
We are building all solutions in the cloud by using a combination of AWS services and our data platform and we are constantly looking for opportunities to improve our products. The solutions are both deployed on our Cloudera stack and on AWS infrastructure with either terraform, CDK or SAM.
Examples of technologies we are currently working with are the Cloudera Hadoop stack, S3, Spark, Gitlab, AWS Kinesis, AWS Lambdas, Docker and DynamoDB, but we are constantly looking for new possibilities to improve our stack.
Do you have what it takes?• Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or similar, maybe with specialisation in Data Engineering
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
• 2+ years of experience in leading data products development lifecycles
• Strong experience with Python and Scala, especially within Apache Spark
• Experience in building data pipelines within AWS / Azure / Google services or a Big Data Stack
• Leadership competencies, a natural role model and a strong team player
• Understanding how to map business requirements to a logical data model and formulate the necessary steps for an implementation.
"Data engineering and the art of using a combination of data, cloud services and algorithms in an automated way is a relatively new field with huge potential within the LEGO Group. This is a unique chance for you to form your own position, bringing data to life and making it an essential part of how we work across the organisation!"
calendar_today1 day ago