Senior Counsel (BB-A6EC0)
Found in: Searcheuropeanjobs
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
About the role
As Senior Counsel, you will be a member of the Law & Franchise Integrity (LFI) team supporting Mastercard’s New Payment Platforms business. You will take a major role in handling commercial and product development and support matters for the business on a day-to-day basis, identifying relevant issues and helping the business effectively navigate legal risks and implement appropriate controls, policies and processes.
• Focus on legal support for the strategic development and daily operations of Mastercard’s global NPP products and services, reporting into the Senior Managing Counsel.
• Develop strong relationships with product development, business, sales, finance and senior management within Mastercard’s NPP business
• Advise from the creation through development to the launch stage and beyond of various solutions and services, covering a broad range of commercial and contractual matters, including product and marketing legal review, non-disclosure agreements and bid process support
• Draft and review contracts and manage complex contract negotiations with customers, partners and key suppliers
• Ensure alignment and compliance of NPP products and services with Mastercard’s policies, procedures and processes and with global regulatory and commercial laws
• Work in close collaboration with external and internal specialists (including Franchise and regulatory, data privacy and intellectual property counsel))
• Provide training as appropriate to LFI colleagues, sales and product teams
• Instruct and manage external counsel within agreed policy and budget
This role is based in Copenhagen, Denmark but the NPP LFI team supports the business globally and so the role may require some travel and ability to support other time zones.
All About You
• A qualified lawyer with a solid academic and training background
• Fluent in Danish (Norwegian is a plus)
• Licensed to practice law in Denmark
• An interest in the financial services industry and both existing and emerging payment technologies
• Exposure to a broad range of commercial and technology law issues.
• Experience across a range of commercial contracts and the ability to analyze and identify the core legal issues.
• A working knowledge of data privacy and intellectual property issues.
• A fast learner who can gain rapid familiarity with complex products, solutions and legal frameworks and maintain knowledge of those changing products,solutions and legal frameworks.
• Solutions orientated with excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
• Able to work flexibly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Strong drafting, writing, oral communication and negotiating skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings
• Strong business acumen
• Previous experience working as in-house lawyer, preferably at a multinational company, desirable but not essential.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
_Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law._
_If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact_ firstname.lastname@example.org_ _and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly._
**Requisition ID:** R-120608
calendar_today2 days ago