Assistant Underwriter, Financial Lines (BB-56657)
Found in: Neuvoo DK
Assistant Underwriter, Financial Lines
• Follow the annual business plan for the portfolio and its context to be able to make decisions appropriately
• Contribute, as required, to the planning process through research and project work
• Participate in meetings, as required, to support the development of strategy, share knowledge and best practice
• Support the promotion of the department, division and company as a whole, in order to maximize brand leverage
• Perform underwriting activities in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
• Adhere to underwriting standards, instructions and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
• Contribute to the recording and measurement of insurance risks to ensure accuracy and good practice
• Apply the reinsurance programme to minimize the susceptibility to unknown risks
• Maintain relationships with stakeholders including customers, brokers, business partners and colleagues, to increase exposure in the market.
• Develop relationships in line with the business plan to support the achievement of business objectives.
• Develop knowledge of market dynamics and market cycles to be able to support business performance.
• Underwrite insurance risks in accordance with the business plan and delegated underwriting authority to meet business objectives, referring as required, including: | negotiating rates, terms and conditions for existing and new business | ensuring production and issue of contract certainty documentation (non Lloyds) | ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and guidelines | contributing to the business plan and objectives | Support credit control in payment collection
• Support the review and analysis of the portfolio to identify progress towards business objectives
• Make entries, as required, properly and promptly on EO systems to ensure accuracy of data, in relation to: | Underwriting | Aggregate exposures
• Support the aggregate management and peer review processes to encourage and develop excellence
• A high level of numeracy and literacy
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Understanding of class specific underwriting and awareness of reinsurance programme knowledge and Expected Profitability Analysis (EPA)
• Understanding of relevant market conditions
• Good knowledge of relevant QBE underwriting systems
• Intermediate level of understanding of relevant software including Excel and other departmental software packages
• Good knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements (specific reference to FSA/Lloyds regulation)
• Good knowledge of QBE underwriting process and procedures including EPA
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-centred-We are technical experts-We are diverse-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Disclaimer
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
calendar_today2 days ago
work QBE Insurance Group