Bioinformatics Specialist - Genomics Platform (BB-FD6D7)
Found in: Neuvoo DK
The role of the bioinformatics specialist is to ensure daily operations of the dry lab part of the Genomics Platform. The tasks include:
* Support of experimental design and analysis strategy for genomics-based assays and method development
*Mapping and curation of sequencing data coming from the CPR/DanStem sequencing pipeline (potentially curating data coming from collaborations on 3rd GenSeq platforms)
* Teaching and supporting researchers with genomics analysis tools and methodologies.
* A degree in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or appropriate computational and data science with either PhD or MSc
* Strong experience in Python or R and in Linux/UNIX computing environment
* Broad experience with analysing functional genomics data RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, HiC, scRNA-seq, Cut&Run/Tag, etc.)
* Strong interest in user support and training
* Other aspects that will be considered a plus
* Previous experience with single-cell data processing and analysis
* Interest in modern visualization tools shiny, plotly, dash, tableau)
* Experience/interest with workflow tools snakemake, NextFlow)
* Experience with system administration, Computerome 2, modules
* Team-oriented communication style and ability to manage experiment associated cost transparently and efficiently
* Good English communication skills, both oral and written, are required
*Ability to connect and actively participate in an exchange with other genomics platforms nationally and internationally.
* A stimulating, challenging and multifaceted research environment
* A combination of active scientific service platforms to interact and to develop ideas together and expand available methodology at CPR and DanStem
* Possibility for continued education and training
* Attractive employment conditions
* Centrally located workplace.
The employment is a permanent position and is scheduled to start 15 April 2021 or upon agreement with the chosen candidate. The place of work is at DanStem, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3B, Copenhagen. Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
In addition to the basic salary, a monthly contribution to a pension fund is added by the employer of the salary).
The employment will be as Research consultant (Specialkonsulent) depending on the selected candidate’s experiences and qualifications and the working time is full time (37 hours per week on average).
calendar_today1 day ago
work University of Copenhagen (UCPH)