Director, Material Logistics Development (BB-F99B5)
Found in: Searcheuropeanjobs
Description:Director, Material Logistics Development
+ - Denmark, Billund, South Denmark
+ **Job ID** DK10634
+ - Supply and Demand
+ **Language** EN
**Can you see yourself lead a high performing team, who run projects and do engineering development of logistic technologies for our production facilities around the globe?**
Then buckle up and bring out your sharpest leadership instruments, find your inner creative engineer spirit and get your playful groove on to motivate and energize our Global Material Logistics team.
• Energize, empower and develop the team towards high performance
• Coach and support a detailed platform development with fast implementation as target
• Build global footprint and secure key positions with the project managers and staff
• Build strategic clarity in core technologies for supply chain/manufacturing and ensure staying ahead on new technologies to lift innovation space
• Contribute to business plan initiatives and strategy development activities
• Challenge the business logic in projects and drive simplicity thinking in solutions (avoid over doing)
• Ensure fast decision-making to allow organizational agility and secure planned capacity
• Promote the functional expertise among partners
**Play your part in our team succeeding**
The overall focus of the Material Logistics organisation within MD&I (Manufacturing, Design & Implementation) is to implement effective logistics solutions globally to enable the manufacturing organisation to succeed with demand.
Furthermore, we strive to secure global sharing of best practice, standardization and global aligning of processes, and we seek to have the department to maintain a high focus on continuous improvement of the processes and to ensure knowledge sharing through platform mentality.
**Do you have what it takes?**
The ideal candidate has a Master/Bachelor degree preferably within supply chain management, engineering technology or economics. An add on as MBA would be a plus but not a requirement. We prefer you have app. 8-10 years experience as Director for similar logistics development or supply chain management functions. In addition, we expect that you have:
• Proven experience with team and people development
• Process understanding (S&OP/ Demand-Planning/other master plans
• Energy for traveling around 30-40 days per year, but this can vary
As a person, you show strong communication and collaboration skills: ability to engage and influence others through storytelling, creating an ‘emotional hook’ to our business plan/footprint. You bring a “fail fast – learn quick” mentality as well a “simply do it” attitude, even though the path is unknown. You are also able to recognize yourself in the following:
• Leverage drive, value chain coherency and collaboration as leadership signatures
• Understand business priorities and respond quickly
• Develop a fun environment that has a ‘can do’ attitude
• Open and honest (transparency whenever possible)
• Determination, energy and a positive attitude – be focused and brave
• Creative (finding a solution/a way)
• Role model work-life balance
• Speak and write English fluently
**Join the global LEGO® family**
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
In MD&I we strive to succeed as one and bring a strong sense of team belonging to each and single employee while we hold a spirit of “Simply do it”.
calendar_today3 days ago
work The LEGO Group