Senior Interactive Play Designer (BB-15604)
Found in: Neuvoo DK
Are you still a kid at heart and have a remarkable interest in designing and developing new products that blend digital and physical play for kids globally, encouraging the innovators of tomorrow?This is your chance to join an energetic UX design team that works across the LEGO® franchises to bring innovation in play through digital/physical interaction!
Core ResponsibilitiesIn this role as a Senior Interactive Play Designer you bring great ideas to life through Digital Prototyping! You design and develop play experiences by getting hands on in digital/physical prototyping. You will work with multiple product lines to collaborate on ideas and make play concepts tangible.
Furthermore, you will:
• Develop unique prototypes in collaboration with other play and model designers
• Work with internal tools and external tools (including but not limited to Sketch, Unity, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) to develop prototypes/play experiences in a design loop of iterating, testing, analyzing and re-iterating
• Create wireframes and user flows for kid testing prior to implementing for production and launch
• Help the design team define the creative directions of new concepts by making them tangible and playable
• Use data & insights to improve connected experiences
• Effectively communicate concept ideas (both verbally and visually), pitch ideas, and understand what it takes to make them a reality and understand how prototypes can be effective tool for communication
• Connect with consumers (kids) by empathizing with their needs and developing the right level of prototypes to explore fun play with them via Play Testing
• Actively provide support and mentorship to own team, and act as a go-to-person within interactive play design & digital prototyping for LEGO design
Play your part in our team succeedingYou will join the Interactive Play Center in Billund, Denmark. We are a team of 10+ interactive play designers, who are working coordinated across the our portfolio of projects including digital/physical products. We are part of the novelty projects and are working closely together with model designers, marketeers, app developers and more, drive and support interactive play innovation for both new product experiences in development and for existing products already live in the market.
An innovative and curios mindset is required to push the boundaries on how much new play we can bring to kids globally and how we are bringing longevity in LEGO play to kids worldwide.
Do you have what it takes?To thrive in this position, you have a collaborative mindset and love working in cross functional project teams, with external vendors and strategic partners. You have excellent communication and motivational skills, as well as the entrepreneurial spirit vital to drive innovation. In addition, you have:
• 5+ years’ work experience in developing connected toys and/or video games and have deep knowledge of play mechanics and longevity systems
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Development, Human Computer Interaction, or Relevant Field would be nice to have
• Expertise to ‘hack’ and quickly prototype a play experience using both digital and physical means, to highlight the fun to kids and partners
• Strong C# development skills and deep understanding of mobile development using Unity
• Experiences in other languages such as Python beneficial
• Experience working with Augmented Reality, Computer vision, Machine Learning and Bluetooth Communication are all beneficial
The successful final applicant will be asked to take part in a Child Safety Background Check.
calendar_today5 days ago