CAE Material Characterization Specialist (BB-442C5)
Found in: Searcheuropeanjobs
Description:CAE Material Characterization Specialist
+ - Denmark, Billund, South Denmark
+ **Job ID** DK10807
+ - Engineering
+ **Language** EN
**Are you dreaming of impacting our sustainable agenda through material characterization, structural modelling and simulation-driven design?**
Bring your material experience into play and join a team of leading CAE specialists shaping the LEGO ® bricks of the future!
As CAE Material Characterization Specialist, you will be responsible for driving efforts related to material modelling and characterization of polymers for CAE simulation purposes.
Furthermore, you will:
• Build processes for calibration of highly non-linear mechanical material models based on test data
• Explore state-of-the-art material models to identify, test and implement novel methods
• Validate material models by comparison with physical tests
• Define evolving need for physical testing of materials
• Support the LEGO Group’s transition to sustainable materials with an understanding of how polymer properties impact the manufacturability and mechanical response of polymer parts
• Support the operational implementation of material models in the daily simulation work of the CAE department
• Communicate activities and share findings in a clear and visual manner to internal stakeholders
**Play your part in our team succeeding**
The CAE department provides simulation support to the engineering development of the LEGO Group. This includes analysis of injection moulding processes as well as analysis of the mechanical robustness of both bricks and moulds. It is our goal to support the design of robust and efficient solutions in a cost-efficient manner based on digital prototypes.
**Do you have what it takes?**
Ideally you hold a master’s degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Polymer Technology, Physics or similar. You have 5+ years relevant work experience and a proven track record with material characterization and structural modelling. Moreover, you bring:
• Highly analytical approach with good grasp of the practical impact of materials properties for engineering design
• Understanding of the behavior of polymer materials (rheology, viscoelasticity and the impact of strain rates, temperature, relaxation, creep, ageing, etc.)
• Strong experience with FEM-based structural simulation
• Experience with development and tuning of material models used in CAE simulation
• Proven experience with common material test methodologies, e.g., to measure tensile strength, creep/relaxation, friction or impact
• Good communication skills and collaborative attitude, while being fluent in English written and spoken
Additionally, it will be an advantage, if you have:
• Experience with Digital Image Correlation (DIC), rheometer testing, or general analytical lab equipment
• Experience with optimization tools or material model validation tools (LS-OPT, PolymerFEM or similar)
• Advanced/Intermediate Programming skills (e.g., Python)
• Knowledge about injection moulding processes
• Worked with data logging equipment and statistical processing of test data
• High degree of curiosity and willingness to challenge status quo
**Join the global LEGO® family**
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group!
“In this role, you help unlock the potential of simulation driven design, which creates the experiences that make children of all ages fall in love with LEGO ® products – a rare opportunity for an engineer”.
calendar_today3 days ago
work The LEGO Group