Propulsion Design & Test Engineer (BB-CF496)
Found in: Neuvoo DK
Orbex is Europe's most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe's first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.
At Orbex the role as Propulsion Design and Test Engineer constitutes a highly versatile position which will expose you to most facets of propulsion systems engineering. You will typically be responsible for the execution of individual work packages in close collaboration with senior engineers and technicians with activities ranging from all the way from conceptual design to qualification testing.
Core duties and responsibilities of the Propulsion Design and Test Engineer role typically include:
• Design, development and AIT activities on launch vehicle propulsion systems, hereunder e.g. main stage propulsion, turbo-machinery, ignition systems and RCS implementations.
• Design, development and validation of propulsion fluid control and safety systems, cryogenic as well as non-cryogenic.
• Development and validation testing of launch vehicle propulsion GSE.
• Test facilities/equipment design, development, validation, operation and maintenance.
• Test plans and procedures development.
• Test procedure execution, data analysis and reporting.
• Integrated systems testing support at DK/UK test facilities.
• Propulsion systems physical modelization, hereunder CAD and CFD modelization in close collaboration with senior engineers.
• Supplier liaison and Quality Assurance work on produced propulsion system components/parts including additively manufactured parts.
• Assembly and operational procedures development supporting of propulsion systems AIT in collaboration with propulsion systems technicians.
• Design and test documentation preparation and participation in design reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
Expected toolchain proficiencies will include:
• Highly experienced with SolidWorks or similar CAD tool.
• Numerical analysis tool (eg. Matlab/Simulink) proficiency.
• Experienced with typical rocket engine performance modeling tools (eg. CEA, RPA, Redtop etc.)
• Cycle simulation tool proficiency desired (eg. Ecosimpro, Simscape)
• MS Office tools, full proficiency expected
• Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English
You will have:
• A self-starter mentality, with minimum direction required
• A flexible and dedicated mindset
This role is based in Copenhagen at Orbex’s Danish propulsion engineering and manufacturing site.
You will be spending time both at the factory and our nearby rocket engine testing site, with occasional travel to our main factory, test and launch sites in Scotland.
Copenhagen is one of Europe's most modern and aesthetically interesting cities. It is regarded as being one of the most livable cities in the world, with a strong reputation for being clean, green and sustainable.
With a huge, active waterfront and a lively social scene, Copenhagen offers a wide range of social activities and leisure opportunities, all with a uniquely Scandinavian flair. Activities include cycling and sailing, and the centre of the city is famed for it's cultural highlights.
You must be a UK or European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You must be able to pass a basic security clearance.
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
• Competitive salary
• An equity stake in the company
• Relocation assistance where appropriate
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today1 hour ago
work Orbex Space