Machine Safety Manager (BB-55191)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk DK
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all machinery across the LEGO Group is safe to operate.Therefore we are looking to hire a person with an outstanding knowledge within standards and machine safety legislation - is this you?
Core Responsibilities• That new equipment and machinery is according to requirements, both internal standards and external legislation, particularly the machine safety directives, the CE marking and the associated standards and support in creating the vital documentation. This responsibility is assumed by participating actively in the machine R&D projects
• The local machine safety teams based on the production sites follow the global processes as an active member of the global machine safety team
• Global collaboration by development of best practices of machine safety across the LEGO production sites and ensure these are globally calibrated, understood and implemented
• The development of global processes, tools and guidelines for machine safety
• Global training of everyone working with machine safety based on updated knowledge and external benchmarking
• Support local machine safety teams in ensuring local compliance with the EU user directives, particularly regarding inspection of equipment and machinery and regarding training and competences
Play your part in our team succeedingThe purpose of the global machine safety department (4 employees) is to ensure that all machinery across LEGO Group is safe to operate.
Upstream this is done by ensuring that the design of all new machinery is safe and compliant before it is implemented in the production.
Downstream this is done by setting directions for the production sites for how existing machinery should be maintained according to standards and modified if the legislation changes.
This role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team working cross-functionally with global responsibility focusing on employee safety through equipment and machine safety. The role gives an E2E understanding of the value chain and offers an opportunity to exercise influence through broad organizational exposure and to learn and get diverse insights to various parts of the organization.
Do you have what it takes?An educational background at Bachelor level as Engineer or similar is preferred combined with:
• A proven experience of 3-5 years working with Machine Safety in a global production company
• Experience working in an organization with daily collaboration with diverse cultures and across time zones
• Excellent collaborator and team player who puts the ‘customer’ needs first and understands that achieving team goal consists of several compromises and co-creating solutions
• Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing, with the ability to convert legal requirements into internal requirements for daily use
• 2+ years working in R&D projects for machinery, not necessarily as a project manager
• Strong stakeholder management and the ability to identify opportunities is very much needed
We will also be looking for personal proficiencies such as
• Result Orientation – drive & track results and push for constant improvements both in projects and team activities. Ensuring progress for the focus area
• Out of the box thinking – finding alternatives and innovative solutions is nature of R&D work
• Willingness to travel up to 50 days / year
calendar_today1 day ago